Xbox Live Rewards
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By participating in Xbox Live Rewards Programme, you agree to the following Terms:
A. Overview of the Xbox Live Rewards Programme
1. The Xbox Live Rewards Programme (the 'Programme') is a loyalty programme sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 U.S.A. ('Microsoft') and administrated by HelloWorld, Inc. ('Administrator') through which you will be offered the opportunity to earn Rewards Credits ('Rewards Credits') and other rewards ('Rewards') by performing various activities.
2. Once you earn 5,000 Rewards Credits, they will be converted into your local currency and automatically deposited as cash into your Microsoft account. Then you can use the cash to purchase items available at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/xbox-one-games.
1. The Programme is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Italy, Spain, Taiwan, Sweden, Brazil, the Netherlands or Belgium who are 13 years of age or older at the time of enrolment, and legal residents of Norway who are 18 years of age or older at the time of enrolment. Void where prohibited by law.
Applicable Rewards available to be earned by taking actions on Xbox One can only be earned by members in the countries where a) Xbox Live Rewards exists and b) the console is officially available: Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and the United States.
C. Enrolling in the Programme
1. To enrol in the Programme, you must meet the Eligibility Requirements in Section B of these Terms, have access to an Xbox 360 and/or Xbox One video game and entertainment system, and be an Xbox Live Free or Gold member in good standing. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you may enrol in the Programme through one (1) of the following two (2) ways:
(a) Visit https://rewards.xbox.com (the 'Rewards Site'). To enrol, you must log in to the Rewards Site using the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live membership, and follow the instructions for registration.
(b) Or, use your Xbox 360 or Xbox One video game and entertainment system login to the Xbox Live service and follow the instructions to download the Xbox Live Rewards registration Gamer Picture, if it is available.
Once registered, it may take up to ninety-six (96) hours to confirm eligibility (including verification of the age of the participant and if applicable, representation of participant’s parent or legal guardian) and Xbox Live membership status. Once confirmed, you will be enrolled into the Programme. A Rewards account will be created for you ("Account”). The number of Rewards Credits earned by you will be recorded and tracked in your Account. If you are under 18 years of age, the number of Rewards Credits earned by you are subject to the account settings that your parent/legal guardian has set.
2. Limit: one (1) Account per person. The person who is the holder of the Xbox Live membership associated with the email address used to register for the Programme will be deemed the participant.
D. Earning Rewards Credits and Other Rewards
1. Earn Rewards Credits or other rewards by performing any of these activities outlined in the chart below. You will earn Rewards Credits or other rewards during the Programme as follows:
|Action||Xbox Live Free Members||Xbox Live Gold Members|
|Make Your 1st Purchase on the Xbox Store||1,250 Rewards Credits||1,250 Rewards Credits|
|Take a Survey||250 Rewards Credits each||250 Rewards Credits each|
|MyPunchcard Offers||VARIES - See Rewards Site for details||VARIES - See Rewards Site for details|
|Upgrade to Gold through Refer-a-Friend||5,000 Rewards Credits|
|Refer-a-Friend to Gold||1,000 Rewards Credits for each referral who upgrades to Gold|
|MyVIP||VARIES - See Rewards Site for details||VARIES - See Rewards Site for details|
|Games with Gold Rewards Offer||2,000 Rewards Credits for purchasing minimum £6 including VAT of eligible add-on(s) per Games with Gold titles (details below)|
Make Your First Xbox Store Purchase: Available only to participants making their first cash Xbox Store purchase since joining Xbox Live. This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox Store item using the local currency. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrolment into the Programme. The purchase of Xbox Gift Cards or Xbox Live Gold memberships will not count towards receiving these Rewards Credits. If you have already made an Xbox Store, Xbox Live Marketplace or Windows Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Programme, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first Xbox Store purchase will earn one thousand two hundred fifty (1,250) Rewards Credits. You can only earn these Rewards Credits once during the Programme.
Take a Survey: At various times during the Programme, an online survey will be available. Only one complete submission for each survey will be rewarded per participant. A completed survey is one in which all required questions have been answered and the survey was submitted by the date specified. Each completed survey will be awarded two hundred fifty (250) Rewards Credits.
MyPunchcard Offers: At various times during the Programme, MyPunchcard offer(s) will be available. To participate in a current MyPunchcard offer, visit https://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions and complete the actions described under the Featured Punchcards section of the page to earn the Reward for that MyPunchcard offer. The dates each MyPunchcard offer is available will be detailed at https://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions. Limit: You may receive one (1) Reward per MyPunchcard offer, unless otherwise stated on the MyMissions page.
Refer-a-Friend: At various times during the Programme, Refer-a-Friend Special Offers will be available. During the offer period visit https://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions, log into Xbox Live Rewards using the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account and follow the links and instructions to send an upgrade offer to up to five (5) friends who are current free Xbox Live members of at least 13 years old or older residing in an eligible location, of 18 years old or older if residing in Norway, and who have opted in to receive Xbox Live e-mails regarding Xbox loyalty/rewards Programmes. If your friend clicks on the link, joins Xbox Live Rewards (if not already a member of Xbox Live Rewards) and follows the instructions to purchase an Xbox Live Gold membership ('Xbox Live Gold') online, you will be eligible to receive one thousand (1,000) Rewards Credits and your friend will be eligible to receive five thousand (5,000) Rewards Credits under the following conditions:
- The referred friend purchases an Xbox Live Gold membership online from Xbox.com within fourteen (14) days of the referral (Xbox Live Gold retail code redemptions, pre-paid cards and promotional memberships do not qualify);
- Both you and your friend are Xbox Live Rewards members; and
- The referred friend keeps the Xbox Live Gold membership for at least thirty (30) days.
Limit: The referred friend can receive a maximum of five thousand (5,000) Rewards Credits through the Refer-a-Friend Special Offer for the lifetime of their membership. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to receive the Special Offer more than once (1 time) by using multiple/different email addresses, Xbox Live accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's offer and that participant may be disqualified. All referrals are subject to verification and the Special Offer will be fulfilled within seventy-five (75) days of the completed referral.
MyVIP Offer: At various times during the Programme, MyVIP Offers will be available. During such MyVIP-Offer Period, you will be rewarded for reaching certain spend thresholds (spending is calculated pre-tax). Each time a spend threshold is met, you will receive Rewards Credits equal to a percentage of your purchase, as outlined in the chart below. Eligible purchases will be calculated one (1) time per month. You can only qualify for one (1) VIP Tier. If you are a Gold Member for the entire month, you will receive twice as many Rewards Credits (number of Reward Credits subject to change at Microsoft's discretion). For every £6 including VAT you spend during the MyVIP-Offer period, you will earn Reward Credits based on the VIP Tier you are in (see chart below). Existing funds over £6 including VAT will be rolled over into the next calendar month. Funds will be reset at the beginning of each Programme Year (defined below). VIP rankings will change each year per Microsoft’s discretion. You will stay in your VIP Tier until you reach the next spending threshold. It may take three (3) to five (5) business days to reflect changes to your MyVIP rank. MyVIP Rewards Credits will be calculated at the end of each month and are awarded to members the following month. Limit: Total Rewards Credits earned through MyVIP Offers cannot exceed the Programme Limit of 500,000 Rewards Credits per Programme Year.
|Tier||Minimum Spend Threshold (including VAT)||Xbox Live Rewards Free Member % of Rewards Credits Earned||Xbox Live Rewards Gold Member % of Rewards Credits Earned|
Games with Gold Rewards Offer: Only Xbox Live Rewards Gold Members are eligible for this Offer. To participate, visit the MyMissions or Gold Exclusives page. Then, follow the links and instructions to download a Game with Gold title and purchase eligible game add-ons. You will receive two thousand (2,000) Rewards Credits for purchasing at least £6 including VAT of eligible game add-ons per title. Add-on purchases must be made within fourteen (14) days of its announcement as a Games with Gold featured title. Not all Games with Gold titles will feature an eligible add-on. Download or purchase of game add-ons prior to being an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member will not qualify.
E. Rewards Credits Restrictions
1. Programme Limit: The maximum number of Rewards Credits a participant can earn in a Programme Year (1 July to 30 June) is 500,000.
2. Microsoft also reserves the right to add, remove or change the number of Rewards Credits awarded for actions, as well as the actions that you can perform to earn Rewards Credits, at any time throughout the Programme. Any changes in Rewards Credits will be promptly announced and will not impact on any Rewards Credits already earned.
3. You may not combine or transfer Rewards Credits with other’s Accounts. You may not transfer, sell or perform any other action in any manner in violation or attempted subversion of these Terms and Conditions. Any attempt to combine or transfer Rewards Credits will result in disqualification from the Programme and forfeiture of all Rewards Credits in your Account. Microsoft reserves the right to take any other or additional action that it deems appropriate at its sole discretion in the event that Microsoft believes (at its sole discretion) that you (or you and others) have violated this provision.
4. You are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from the Rewards Credits received as part of the Programme.
5. It will take up to 96 hours after you perform specific activities to earn your corresponding Rewards Credits to appear in your Xbox Live Rewards account. You need 5,000 or more "pending" Rewards Credits before the Rewards Credits will automatically be converted to your local currency and scheduled for a deposit into your Microsoft account. If you have at least one thousand (1,000) Rewards Credits in your account, you may request to have your Reward Credits converted into local currency and deposited into your account early. Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to award or deny such request. A request for an early deposit must occur three (3) days before the actual requested deposit date. Rewards Credits (excluding Rewards Credits earned through MyVIP Offers) will be deposited into your account at approximately the middle and end of each month. Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to award Rewards Credits at a later date if additional time is needed for any reason.
6. Once you earn Rewards Credits, the validation of the potential Rewards Credits earned will be subject to verification by a judging organisation whose decisions on the outcome are at its sole discretion and are final and binding. Rewards Credits will not be awarded until after the verification process is complete. Rewards Credits are void if: (a) you do not meet the eligibility criteria; (b) you are not an Xbox Live member in good standing; (c) you have not earned the Rewards Credits in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and through legitimate channels; or (d) if the Rewards Credits are counterfeit, altered, defective, tampered with or irregular in any way.
7. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your Account and are encouraged to check your Account regularly.
8. If you believe that Rewards Credits were not properly accrued to your Account, you must contact customer services through the 'Forums' method provided on the FAQ page on the Rewards Site within 15 days of the award date.
9. Microsoft’s decisions regarding the awarding of Rewards Credits are final and binding. Earned Rewards Credits that are subsequently determined to be invalid for any reason are subject to disqualification and will be removed from your Account.
10. You may earn Rewards Credits in the manner set forth above during the Programme, unless extended or otherwise modified by Microsoft.
11. Each qualifying action may only be applied to a single offer.
F. Redeeming Rewards Credits
1. Rewards Credits earned through the Programme will be converted into your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account when you meet the Programme's deposit requirements. Microsoft reserves the right to modify the Rewards Credits values, during the Programme. Any changes in Rewards Credit values will be promptly announced and will not impact any Rewards Credit values already earned. You are responsible for ensuring that your Account information is accurate and up to date. All Rewards Credits conversions are final.
2. Cash awarded and deposited into your Microsoft account from Rewards Credits during the Programme must be redeemed within one (1) year, or it will expire. Any cash awarded and deposited remaining in your Account after the expiry period described above will be forfeited without compensation.
3. The Rewards Credits conversion is as follows: 5,000 Rewards Credits = £3.
4. Unredeemed Rewards Credits expire if you do not earn any Rewards Credits for one hundred and eighty (180) days; after such time Microsoft may close your Programme Account with or without notice.
G. Modifications, Cancellation and Account Termination
1. Microsoft reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify, suspend or cancel the Programme, at its discretion, at any time. Microsoft also reserves the right to modify any of the Terms and Conditions set forth herein at any time, even though these changes may affect your ability to accrue or use your Rewards Credits. Modifications may include, but are not limited to, the methods by which you can earn Rewards Credits, the amount of Rewards Credits earned for each action, the number of Rewards Credits that may be redeemed through the Programme, and any of the options made available to you with respect to your Account.
2. Microsoft reserves the right to terminate the Programme at any time, for any reason, with due notice, even though termination may affect your ability to accrue or use your Rewards Credits. Microsoft reserves the right to close your Account at its sole discretion. In the event of termination of the Programme or closing of an account, you will have at least 30 days from the date that Programme termination is announced, or your Account is closed to redeem your Rewards Credits. Upon Programme cancellation, notwithstanding your ability to redeem Rewards Credits within the time allowed, the right to use the Programme and accrue future points ends immediately.
3. Any changes that Microsoft makes will be effective immediately upon notice, which it may give either by posting to the Rewards Site or via electronic mail. Your continued participation in the Programme constitutes your acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Microsoft may make to these Terms and Conditions. The most current version of these Terms and Conditions will be available at https://rewards.xbox.com and will supersede all previous versions of these Terms and Conditions.
H. General Terms and Conditions
1. Privacy. The Privacy Statement on the Rewards Site will apply to this Programme and to all information that we receive from your registration in the Programme. Please read the Privacy Statement on the Rewards Site before registering for the Programme. Please note that by accepting the Terms and Conditions you are also accepting the terms of the Privacy Statement. Participation in the Programme implies authorisation to transfer personal data to the United States for the purposes of administration of the Programme. Personal information may be used to: (a) contact you regarding the Programme; and (b) if you select to receive additional information, to send additional information to you. You have the right to access, withdraw and correct your personal data. You may request such action by sending a message to 'Xbox Live Rewards Programme' Opt-out Request c/o HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075 U.S.A.
2. Publicity Release. By participating in the Programme, Microsoft shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use, display and publish your name, Xbox Live Gamertag, Xbox Live Avatar, name, photograph, likeness, voice, performance, biographical information and/or statements, throughout the world in perpetuity in any media that now exists or may exist in the future including for advertising and promotional purposes. If Microsoft makes use of any of the foregoing rights, you understand and agree that you will not receive any other consideration, or payment, notification or credit, nor will you have any approval over how the foregoing rights are used.
3. Microsoft reserves the right to discontinue your participation privileges if you engage in any fraudulent activity or use the Programme in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any national, federal, municipal, provincial, state or local, laws, statutes or ordinances. Discontinued participation privileges may result in the loss of all accumulated Rewards Credits. In addition to discontinuance of participation privileges, Microsoft shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary at its sole discretion.
4. If you move your Account to a different country, it will result in a loss of all pending Rewards Credits and VIP badges.
5. Opting-out of the Programme will result in the loss of all accumulated Rewards Credits and other Rewards. Users who opt out, then sign back into the Programme will be treated as a new user to the Programme. Accumulated Rewards Credits and Rewards are not transferrable.
6. The Programme is provided to individuals only. Corporations, associations or other groups may not participate in the Programme. It is fraudulent for any individual or company, association or group to direct, encourage or allow individuals to use a single Account for the purpose of accumulating points for combined use.
7. Rewards Credits do not constitute your property and may be revoked at any time by Microsoft as set forth herein. Rewards Credits may not be transferred or assigned, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. Rewards Credits earned in the Programme are not valid in, and may not be used in combination with, any other programme offered by Microsoft or third parties.
8. Microsoft is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by you while participating in the Programme.
9. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Programme, earning or redemption of Rewards Credits, or your compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Microsoft.
I. Limitation of Liability
1. Microsoft is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of information, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with the Programme utilised by you, for any human error, for any interruption, downtime, deletion, omission, defect or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access the website or online service, or for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT CORPORATION, HELLOWORLD, INC., THEIR RESPECTIVE RELATED COMPANIES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND THEIR AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS AND OTHER COMPANIES INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXECUTION OF THE PROGRAMME ('RELEASEES') SHALL BE RELEASED FROM LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAMME OR MERCHANDISE OR ITEMS OFFERED THROUGH THE PROGRAMME, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF MICROSOFT IMPROPERLY DENIES YOU ANY REWARDS CREDITS, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF REWARDS CREDITS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAMME, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED. For Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and United Kingdom residents: the above release does not apply to claims for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of Microsoft or the Administrator. Microsoft, its joint ventures, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, promotion agencies, agents, successors, assigns and service providers, are not responsible for any products or services offered by third parties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, THE RELEASEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM THE COURSE OF DEALING OR THE COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. You agree to rely solely on the manufacturer's warranties, if any, for any products redeemed through this Programme.
2. As a condition of participating in this Programme, You agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Programme, or any Rewards obtained through the Programme, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by arbitration under the International Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Arbitration will take place in Oakland County, Michigan U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgements and rewards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Programme, but in no event lawyers' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to seek recovery for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
3. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Terms and Conditions, or your or Microsoft’s rights and obligations in connection with the Programme, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Michigan U.S.A., or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan U.S.A.
4. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Programme participants and Microsoft pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or other arrangements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written. No waiver of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions hereof (whether or not similar), nor shall waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
5. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
6. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of your statutory rights as a consumer.
© 2017 HelloWorld, Inc.
© 2017 Microsoft Corporation