Xbox LIVE Rewards Rush for Gold Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Xbox LIVE Rewards Rush for Gold Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand who are at least thirteen (13) years old and an Xbox LIVE Rewards member, at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable national, federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, U.S.A. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 16 April 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT")/5:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") and ends on 30 June 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT/1 July 2012 at 4:59 a.m. GMT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://rewards.xbox.com/rush-for-gold and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid home address. P.O. boxes are not permitted. If you are an Xbox LIVE Rewards member, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes by completing the online registration. If you are not already an Xbox LIVE Rewards member, follow the links and instructions to become a member (membership is free) in order to get your Sweepstakes entry. Once you are an Xbox LIVE Rewards member, you can earn additional Sweepstakes entries with the following actions:
A. Purchase an Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription(s): Renew or purchase an Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription (or set your Gold account to auto-renew) to gain Sweepstakes entries as outlined in the chart below. To renew or purchase your Xbox LIVE Gold subscription(s), you can redeem a Pre-paid LIVE Gold subscription, purchase a subscription from your Xbox 360® console’s Dashboard, or visit http://www.xbox.com/Live/JoinLIVE/Membership during the Promotion Period and follow the links and instructions to renew or purchase an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription. By default, when you purchase a LIVE Gold subscription, auto renewal will be set to "on". If you have previously turned auto renewal off and would like to turn it on again, you can either purchase or add LIVE time to your account or contact Support via http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us and ask for it to be turned on again. You can purchase, redeem or renew as many Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions as you like.
Action Amount of Sweepstakes Entry/Entries Purchase or renew a one-month (1) Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription. One (1) Purchase or renew a three-month (3) Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription. Three (3) Purchase or renew a twelve-month (12) Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription. Twelve (12) Purchase or renew Gold Family Pack Subscription. (The Sweepstakes entries will be awarded to the primary account holder of the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack.) Sixteen (16) Having Xbox LIVE Gold subscription set to auto-renew: auto-renew must be enabled until 23 July 2012 to qualify for these Sweepstakes entries. Five (5)
B. Free Postal Method: To enter without making a purchase, visit http://rewards.xbox.com/rush-for-gold to follow the links and instructions to register for the Sweepstakes as outlined above. Then hand print your name, e-mail address for your Xbox LIVE Account and Gamertag on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Xbox LIVE Rewards Rush for Gold Sweepstakes” c/o Microsoft Corporation, to P.O. BOX 5046, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You will receive sixteen (16) entries into the Sweepstakes with each correctly submitted and received 7.6 cm x 12.7 cm (3" x 5") card. Limit: One (1) 7.6 cm x 12.7 cm (3" x 5") card per envelope. All postal entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked before 30 June 2012 and received by 16 July 2012. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorised account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorised account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organisation responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorised account holder.
5. Prize Draws: The Administrator is an independent judging organisation whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Administrator will randomly select Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on 25 July 2012 at 2:00 a.m. GMT at Anisimoff Legal, Level 4, 448 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Victoria 3004, Australia. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail following the applicable draw. Except where prohibited, each potential winner of a Grand or First Prize (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by the Administrator, within fourteen (14) days of the date that notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident and the question is answered incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period (if applicable), fails the skill testing test (if applicable) or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternative winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternative draws will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: TEN (10) GRAND PRIZES: Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundles. ARV: $499.99 USD (£282.70, approximate rate on 4 April 2012 at 11:46 a.m. CT). TEN (10) FIRST PRIZES: Limited Edition Xbox 360 Kinect Sports Family Bundle. ARV: $299.99 (£188.47, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT). TEN (10) SECOND PRIZES: Limited Edition Mass Effect Kinect for Xbox 360. ARV: $149.99 (£94.23, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT). TEN (10) THIRD PRIZES: 10,000 Microsoft Points. ARV: $125 (£78.50, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT). ONE HUNDRED (100) FOURTH PRIZES: 1,000 Microsoft Points. ARV: $12.50 (£7.85, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT). FIVE HUNDRED (500) FIFTH PRIZES: 800 Microsoft Points. ARV: $10 (£6.28, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT). ONE THOUSAND (1,000) SIXTH PRIZES: 400 Microsoft Points. ARV $5 (£3.14, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT). For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Total ARV of prizes: $21,499.70 USD (£13,504, approximate rate on 11 April 2012 at 5:45p.m. CT).
7. Release: Except where prohibited, by receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agency, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. For United Kingdom, France and Germany residents, this release does not apply to claims for personal injury or death cause by the negligence of the Sponsor or Administrator. The Released Parties are not responsible for any products or service offered by third parties.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to the Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and region for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random draw from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes via a random draw among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. For residents of Germany and France, this limitation of liability does not apply to any liability of the Sponsor for intentional misconduct or gross negligence, or to liability for personal injury or death.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, the entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, U.S.A. (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event lawyers’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A. Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. For Residents of Germany only: This limitation to venue and the amount of damages does not apply if not permitted by law.
13. For Residents of France Only: Pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, you have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to "Xbox LIVE Rewards Rush for Gold Sweepstakes” c/o ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A. The data controller is ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A. The data recipients are ePrize LLC (One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A) and Microsoft Corporation (One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052, U.S.A.) which are Safe Harbour registered. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union.
These Official Rules have been filed with Maître Jean-Louis Hauguel, Huissier de Justice, 14, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, 75008 Paris, France. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request to "Xbox LIVE Rewards Rush for Gold Sweepstakes” c/o ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A. Requests must be received no later than 15 July 2012. Postage expenses at the normal rate will be reimbursed to residents of France upon request made at the same address.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/yQ3iOs. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.