E3 Tweet Rewards Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The E3 Tweet Rewards Sweepstakes (the "Prize Draw") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom, who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry and who are Xbox LIVE Rewards members (membership is free). Employees of Microsoft Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Prize Draw is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 17 June 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Coordinated Universal Time ("UTC") and ends on 30 June 2012 at 11:59 p.m. UTC (the "Promotion Period"). The Prize Draw consists of two (2) entry periods (each a "Weekly Entry Period") as set forth in the chart below:
|Weekly Entry Period||Start Date (12:00 a.m. UTC)||End Date (11:59 p.m. UTC)||Approximate Draw Date|
|1||17 June 2012||23 June 2012||25 June 2012|
|2||24 June 2012||30 June 2012||2 July 2012|
Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Prize Draw.
After you tweet the correct answer (each question will have one (1) correct answer as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to the question, you will receive one (1) entry into the Prize Draw for the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Limit: You may receive one (1) Prize Draw entry per question for tweeting the correct answer, during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Tweets that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, in its sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorised Account holder of the Account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorised Account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorised Account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Prize Draw and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Prize Draw. Administrator will randomly select the potential Prize Draw winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around the dates set forth in the chart in Section 3. Non-winning entries will not carry over into subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. The potential winners will receive a Twitter message ("Twitter Message" or "Direct Message") with a code to redeem their prize after the conclusion of each Weekly Entry Period from @XboxLIVErewards to the Account used to enter the Prize Draw. In order to receive the Twitter Message, the potential winner's "Tweet Privacy" Account setting must be "unchecked." If a Canadian resident, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident and the question is answered incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited. Canadian residents will be required to respond to the skill testing question within three (3) days of the date the Twitter Message was sent or prize will be forfeited. Once this information is confirmed, the potential winner will receive a Direct Message through Twitter from Administrator. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond to the Twitter Message within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Prizes will be fulfilled 6-8 weeks after winner confirmation.
TWENTY-FIVE (25) FIRST PRIZES: One (1) month Xbox LIVE Gold membership. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $9.99 USD. (Twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 1, thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
TWENTY-FIVE (25) SECOND PRIZES: adidas Tracksuit Avatar Outfit. ARV: $6 USD. (Thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 1 and twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
TWENTY-FIVE (25) THIRD PRIZES: Black Ninja Avatar Costume. ARV: $8 USD. (Twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 1 and thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
TWENTY-FIVE (25) FOURTH PRIZES: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Avatar t-Shirt. ARV: $8 USD. (Thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 1 and twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
FIFTY (50) FIFTH PRIZES: 80 Microsoft Points. ARV: $1 USD. (Twenty-five (25) for each Weekly Entry Period).
FIFTY (50) SIXTH PRIZES: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Avatar hat. ARV: $1 USD. (Twenty-five (25) for each Weekly Entry Period).
For all Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. Total ARV of all prizes: $899.75. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. This Release does not apply to claims for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of Sponsor or Administrator.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Prize Draw constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Prize Draw, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Prize Draw, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Prize Draw may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Prize Draw; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Prize Draw; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Prize Draw or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Prize Draw, if it is possible. If the Prize Draw, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Prize Draw or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Prize Draw, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Prize Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/KBJwoJ. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
14. General: Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winners’ or entrants’ statutory rights as a consumer.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.